Research by Steven L. Brawley
Jackie's restoration of the White House also included a total revamp of how flowers were used to entertain and accentuate decor. Gone were large formal arrangements, replaced with more casual, natural centerpieces placed in items from the White House's vermeil collection.
Flowers Favored by Jackie
- Cornflowers (blue)
- Lily of the Valley (used on her casket)
- Orchids and Gardenias (used in her JFK wedding bouquet)
- Peonies (white)
NO Gladiolus (LOL)
Jackie's Floral Designers
- Rusty Young, Chief Floral Designer, White House (hired by Jackie)
- Rachel "Bunny" Mellon, close personal friend
- Flowers by Phillip, New York City
Image copyright Jake Gariepy (Dapper and Dreamy) - Floral arrangement for dinner in honor of President and Mrs. Truman at the White House on November 1, 1961.