Research by Steven L. Brawley
Jackie Depicted in Films
- In the 1968 movie Eat Your Makeup directed by John Waters, Divine plays Jackie Kennedy in a re-enactment of the JFK assassination. Waters later said on The Graham Norton Show, that the scenes were filmed on his parents' home street to the neighbors' disgust, as it was shortly after the real assassination had occurred.
- In the 1975 comedy film Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tim Curry's character Dr. Frankenfurter is dressed in a style similar to Onassis' when the main characters first come up to his lab.
- The 1978 film The Greek Tycoon is a fictionalized portrayal of the story of Kennedy -Onassis and her second husband, with the names changed. The Kennedy-Onassis character, named Liz Cassidy, is portrayed by Jacqueline Bisset, who also portrayed Kennedy-Onassis in America's Prince. Bisset's clothes were designed by Halston, who was also designing for Onassis at the time.
- In The End of a Dynasty (1988), a docudrama about the "Kennedy curse", Cortnie Campbell plays Kennedy.
- In the 1989 James Bond film Licence to Kill, when Bond (Timothy Dalton) introduced Pam Bouvier (Carey Lowell) to Q (Desmond Llewelyn), he referred her as "Miss Kennedy". Bouvier was Jacqueline Kennedy's maiden name.
- In the 1991 film JFK, actress Jodie Farber plays Kennedy.
- The 1992 film Love Field, set during (and after) the President Kennedy's assassination, a Dallas housewife's life centers around Kennedy's actions, and she finds herself ruined by the President's assassination in Dallas. The role of Onassis-Kennedy is played by actress Rhoda Griffis, in what is regarded as her breakout role.
- In the 1992 film Ruby, Mary Chris Wall plays Kennedy.
- In the 1996 film First Wives Club, the character Shelley buys an expensive Japanese ceramic plate after being told, "Jackie O. had one just like it".
- In the 1997 Spice World, bandmember Posh Spice of the Spice Girls, appears in the musical segment for the song "The Lady is a Vamp," as Kennedy wearing her famous pink Chanel suit.
- In the 1997 movie The House of Yes, actress Parker Posey played a main character who referred to herself as "Jackie O.", due to her obsession with the First Lady.
- In the 2000 film Thirteen Days, Stephanie Romanov plays Kennedy.
- In the 2001 film Riding in Cars with Boys Brittany Murphy's character tells Sara Gilbert's character she looks like Onassis.
- In the 2001 film Legally Blonde, the main character is left by her boyfriend with the following explanation: "If I'm going to be a Senator by the time I'm thirty, well, I need to marry a Jackie, not a Marilyn."
- The 2002 science fiction film Timequest explores what happens to Kennedy after the assassination is prevented, taking on an alternate timeline. Jacqueline Kennedy, played by (Caprice Benedetti), is one of the main leading roles in this film.
- In the 2003 film America's Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story, Jacqueline Bisset plays Kennedy.
- In the 2003 film Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, actress Reese Witherspoon chooses to wear a Jackie Kennedy Onassis-inspired dress on her first day working in the U.S. Capital.
- In the 2006 short A Peace of Jackie, Susan Waldrop plays Kennedy
- In The Hoax (2006), Elizabeth Marley plays Kennedy
- In the 2007 film Hairspray, Tracy made a reference to Kennedy's hairstyle when Edna Turnblad says her hair is "naturally stiff". Tracy mentioned her as the first lady because the movie took place at the time of her husband's presidency.