Research by Steven L. Brawley
Jackie loved and lost several men. She was a smashing looking bride and widow twice over.
Wedding One: Kennedy
- Date: September 12, 1953
- Church: St. Mary’s, Newport, RI
- Officiant: Archbishop Cushing
- Blessing by: Pope Pius XII
- Music by: Tenor soloist Luigi Vena from Boston sang Gounod’s Ave Maria.
- Church guests: 800
- Reception guests, 1,200
- Reception location: Hammersmith Farm
- Invitation: black ink on a cream colored paper
- Menu: Fruit cup in pineapple, creamed chicken, ice cream in flower molds
- Cake: five tier by Plourde's Bakery
- Orchestra: Meyer Davis
- Bride’s dress design: Ann Lowe
- Bride’s dress detail: ivory tissue silk, with a portrait neckline, fitted bodice, and a bouffant skirt embellished with bands of more than fifty yards of flounces
- Bride’s veil: rosepoint lace, worn first by her grandmother Lee, was draped from a tiara of lace and orange blossoms
- Bride’s accessories: a choker of pearls; a diamond bracelet that was a gift from the groom; her mother's lace handkerchief; a diamond crescent brooch on the bodice of her gown, a gift of Joseph P. Kennedy; and a blue garter
- Bride’s bouquet: pink and white spray orchids and gardenias
- Photographers: Toni Frissell, Arthur Burges, and Lisa Larsen (LiFE)
- Best man: Robert Kennedy
- Matron of honor: Lee Radziwill
- Maid of honor: Nina G. Auchincloss
- Bridesmaids: 10
- Ushers: 9
- Engagement ring: square-cut 2.88 carat diamond and a 2.84 carat emerald with tapered baguettes from Van Cleef & Arpels
- Wedding ring: 24 carat gold band
- First dance song: "I Married an Angel"
- Wedding night: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York City
- Honeymoon: Mexico and California
- Length of marriage: 10 years
Wedding Two: Onassis
- Date: October 20, 1968
- Church: Chapel on Skorpios Island
- Reception: Christina yacht
- Engagement ring: 40-carat Marquise Lesotho III diamond ring
- Dress: lace-covered beige color by Italian couturier Valentino
- Length of marriage: 8 years
Notes: Jackie was also engaged briefly in 1952 to John Husted, and had a long-term relationship with Maurice Templesman after the death of Onassis.
Image copyright Jake Gariepy (Dapper and Dreamy) - Jackie's 1953 wedding dress designed by Anne Lowe.